There are a number of ways you can travel to the Melbourne Showgrounds. The public transport system in Melboure uses the electronic myki card, which can be purchased at newsagents, 7Eleven outlets and from customer service or ticket machines at train stations.
The Ticketing booths will be located at Gate 1 entrance, off Epsom Road (pedestrian traffic only) and via the car park/ train station entries.
Epsom Road, Ascot Vale
Getting to the Showgrounds:
Trains will operate from Southern Cross Station (Platform 8) to Melbourne Showgrounds stopping only at North Melbourne (Platform 2).
- From 9.40am to 11.42am, services will depart every 20 minutes
- From 12.22pm to 3.20pm, services will depart every 40 minutes
- From 3.20pm to 6pm, services will depart every 20 minutes
Leaving the Showgrounds:
Train services will operate from Melbourne Showgrounds to Southern Cross stopping only at North Melbourne. Trains to depart
- From 10.02am to 11.42pm, services will depart every 20 minutes
- From 12.22pm to 3.42pm, services will depart every 40 minutes
- From 4.22pm to last service at 6.22pm, services will depart every 20 minutes
Plan your journey using Journey Planner.
For more information visit the PTV website.
Entry to the Showgrounds car park is via Gate 7, off Langs Road. Parking is $15.00 per day, which is paid on entry.
Customers can catch tram Route 57 from Elizabeth Street/Flinders Street (Stop 1) to Stop 32 (Epsom Road/Sandown Road) and walk approximately 200 metres to the Showgrounds entrance.