Cosplay – Gold Coast 2018
The Supanova Cosplay Competition presented by Madman Entertainment is always the highlight of a Supanova weekend for so many people.
It’s time to finish off your amazing costume, put together your best performance and make that stage your own as you compete for amazing prizes. Our cosplay judges will be looking for the best from all our entrants and rewarding those who stand above the rest.
We welcome back our category sponsors in
2018; Lumin’s Workshop – Material sponsor ($150 gift certificates) and Ironlak – Art sponsor ($500 shopping voucher) who together will be supporting our Saturday Best In Show categories with their amazing products and more!
- Best in Show: The overall standout of the competition, this prize is awarded to those who excel both in their costume and their stage presence.
- Best Cosplay: Awarded for excellence in cosplay skills, winners of this category have demonstrated strengths across the board.
- Best Craftsmanship: This award is granted to those who pour their passion into construction, whether that’s with fabric or foam (or both!)
- Best Performance: Our shows always have amazing skits, but this award recognises the most entertaining of them all.
- Best Group: An award to celebrate the dedication in those who coordinate stunning groups of two or more people.
- Judges Award: Some costumes deserve recognition, even if they don’t quite fit other categories.
You could win a share of $3,000 in vouchers from Madman Entertainment (which can be redeemed on anything in Madman’s online store) and a $500 voucher from Ironlak to use on their range of incredible paints and other art supplies – in every city! From time to time, we may have other sponsors that offer prizes for certain categories, so be sure to keep your eyes on our Facebook for any announcements for your city.
We’ve all had that dreadful moment at a convention: a costume malfunction, usually at the worst time. Something that was stuck when you left home has become dramatically unstuck. Something needs sewing. Something needs hot glue. Something needs to be done – and the Cosplay HQ Repair station is here to help.
Supanova’s Cosplay Repair Station is available over the weekend for all cosplay repair problems. Our skilled team is able to assess and repair your costume, give you quality advice, and get you out and ready for your photo shoots and onto the stage for the competition.