Cosplay – Gold Coast 2017
The Supanova Cosplay Competition presented by Madman Entertainment is always the highlight of a Supanova weekend for so many people.
It’s time to finish off your amazing costume, put together your best performance and make that stage your own as you compete for amazing prizes. Our cosplay judges will be looking for the best from all our entrants and rewarding those who stand above the rest.
In 2017 we welcome our new category sponsor Ironlak, who will be supporting our ‘Saturday Best in Show’ through the year with an amazing $1,000 voucher on their range of incredible paints and other art supplies.
- Best in Show: Overall, the standout costume from the entire competition!
- Best Cosplay: Combining Character Portrayal, and Costume Quality!
- Best Craftsmanship: For those dedicated to the craft that is Costume Making!
- Best Performance: Entertaining, Engaging or Funny – this is a show after all!
- Best Group: Two or More great costumes together, always amazing to see!
- Judges Award: Some costumes deserve recognition, even if they don’t fit other categories!
You could win a share of $3,000 in vouchers from Madman Entertainment (which can be redeemed on anything in Madman’s online store) and a $1,000 voucher from Ironlak to use on their range of incredible paints and other art supplies. in every city! From time to time, we may have other sponsors that offer prizes for certain categories,so be sure to keep your eyes on our Facebook for any announcements for your city!
We’ve all had that dreadful moment at a convention: a costume malfunction, usually at the worst time. Something that was stuck when you left home, isn’t. Something needs sewing. Something needs hot glue.
Something needs to be done! But where to go for help? Cosplay HQ Repair station, that’s where!
Supanova’s Cosplay Repair Station is available over the weekend for all cosplay repair problems. Our skilled team is able to assess and repair your costume, give you quality advice, and get you out and ready for your photo shoots and onto the stage for the competition.