Supanova Cosplay Dash! is an exciting new mini-event for cosplayers that will run immediately following the Supanova Cosplay Odyssey on the Sunday of each show. This event gives you the opportunity to have a moment in the spotlight without the stress of skits or questions. You’ll still get a great audience, and you can register on the day – no need to plan ahead, just get in quickly Sunday morning. This new event is perfect for beginner cosplayers or simply for those who just want to show off their costume on a stage.
With the chance to win prizes from our sponsor, Madman Entertainment, it’s sure to be a blast!
For the Cosplay Dash! to run smoothly for entrants and audience alike, there are some guidelines we will ask entrants to follow. These include registering with us at Cosplay HQ on the day, ensuring your costume is family friendly, and conducting yourself appropriately on stage.
In order to be eligible to enter the Cosplay Dash!, submitted costumes must:
- Be predominantly, if not entirely, handmade (this includes significant alterations made to existing items)
- Depict an existing character from any form of pop culture (movies, TV, games, comics, stage, etc).
- Be worn by someone with a valid Admission Ticket and wristband for Sunday entry to Supanova
- Be registered at Cosplay HQ on the morning of the event
- Be family-friendly and appropriate for the Supanova audience
- What do I need to do before the competition?
Simply turn up to Cosplay HQ on Sunday morning between 10 am and 12 pm to sign up!
- Where do I go for marshalling?
Your will be told when and where to go when you sign up. Please listen carefully and follow all instructions provided to you at marshalling.
- What categories can I win?
There’s no categories here, simply 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for best looking costumes.
- What costumes can I wear?
Anything that complies with our Cosplay Guidelines is acceptable.
- What about bought costumes?
Bought costumes aren’t permitted in this competition. We prefer it if you make your costume yourself, or if a bought costume has been significantly altered. Please speak to someone at Cosplay HQ when registering if you’re unsure.
- Will my weapons or props get confiscated?
As long as your props comply with our Weapons Policy, you won’t run into any issues.
- Can I do a performance?
There are no performances in this competition, just walk on, pose, and walk off.
- What am I being judged on?
The look and quality of your costume.
- What if my costume is busted on the day?
Supanova has a Cosplay Repair Station which can be found at Cosplay HQ. Our skilled team is able to assess and repair your costume, give you quality advice, and get you out and ready for your photo shoots and onto the stage for the competition.