Are you trying to break into the Australian comic book scene?
Petrie Press, in partnership with Supanova, presents the Banksia Project: an amazing opportunity for emerging Australian comic creators in 2017.
Now in its second year, the initiative is shifting from a convention-based model to a year long skills development program, where the Banksia Project will provide coaching and feedback on all aspects of comic creation.
Kicking off in February, recipients will receive regular mentoring sessions with Platinum Ledger Award winning creator and publisher Alisha Jade covering everything from story, writing, art and pre-press to productivity and publishing. Additionally, they will receive coaching on promotion and sales, on site at Supanova Expos.
The selected emerging or developing creator/s will receive Supa-Star status at one of Supanova’s 2017 expos. The initiative includes:
- Coaching and support from Alisha Jade over the event weekend, tailored to the creator, to help make the most of the learning experience
- A guest table in the Supa-Star area, free of charge
- Announcement of participation on Supanova’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and eDM (combined readership of 200,000+)
- Event programme inclusion, and
- A guest page on the Supanova website
This is an incredible chance to gain experience and skills in a vibrant, supportive environment and is the first initiative of its kind.
Applications close 31 January, 2017. To find out whether you’re eligible, and how to apply visit supa.fans/BanksiaProject.