Julie McNiven (born October 11, 1980) was born in Amherst, Massachusetts. She is best known for her recurring roles of Hildy in Mad Men and Anna in Supernatural. McNiven had the important recurring role of Ginn in the 2010-2011 second season of Stargate: Universe.
McNiven studied swinging trapeze as a teenager at French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts. She also attended the summer program at Circle in the Square. She is a graduate of Salem State University.
In her own words…
- I grew up in Amherst, Massachusetts
- I attended Salem State College in ’03 with a BFA in Theatre.
- I married an actor
- I definitely want kids
- I’m loving Yoga
- I studied swinging trapeze as a teenager at French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts.
- I attended the summer program at Circle in the Square.
- I have short random obsessions with scarf making.
- I have been to Disney World so many times that I don’t need a map in the park….really, that’s sick.
- I spent two summers in college singing and dancing in shows at Six flags New England…
- Unfortunately, I also took extra work in the winter as costume characters Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, and Crocodile Cal….don’t ask.
- The summer after I graduated, I worked as a singer/dancer for The Spirit of Boston Cruise Ship. Through that I was able to sing the National Anthem at a Red Sox game!
- One of my most influential experiences I have ever had was when I attended Shakespeare and Company’s month long intensive in the Berkshires. That was back in Jan of ’05 and to this day and every day, I learn from, and feel impacted from that month.
Julie looks forward to meeting all her fans at both the Gold Coast and Melbourne expos in 2013. There are signing* and photo* sessions throughout each Saturday (10.30am to 5.30pm) and Sunday (11am to 5pm) excluding breaks and there’s a general admission Q&A during each weekend.
* Autograph ($30 each) and photograph ($40 each) fees apply.
Guest confirmed health and other commitments pending.